Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: Medical Research Council (MRC) UK / UVRI
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Data Management
Position Code: LT518
The MRC/UVRI Uganda Virus Research Unit on AIDS was established following a request in 1988 from the Uganda Government to the British Government for collaboration on the research of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) infection and AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency. The Unit is a center of excellence in HIV/AIDS related research. It conducts large-scale epidemiological and intervention studies, clinical trials, virological and immunological research and behavioural studies, and has generated a wealth of research results that have been used to inform policy and practice that have led to a large number of scientific publications in peer reviewed journals over time.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Technologist will carry out analyses and report results of the laboratory procedures performed in the laboratory, according to GCLP standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving blood samples, processing and storing PBMC, plasma, serum and other biological specimens according to SOPs and GCLP.
- Produce reliable and precise data by performing SOP-guided laboratory experiments assigned by scientists or supervisors. This includes:
- Whole blood assays for subsequent cytokine analysis;
- Preliminary staining of cells for flowcytometry;
- Implementing GCLP practices
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment;
- Tracking equipment servicing requirements;
- Ensuring health and safety as per SOPs and unit guidelines
- Monitoring temperatures and liquid nitrogen levels;
- Data backup; Running equipment performance QCs;
- record keeping (electronic and hard copies)
- Ensuring that required reagents and supplies are in sufficient stocks and are kept securely in recommended conditions;
- Preparing reagent and consumable orders for subsequent review and approval by supervisor.
- Performing IATA compliant shipment of samples to and from partner laboratories.
- Performing scientific duties: assisting in setting up and cleaning of databases, writing
- reports, using computer to mathematical calculations and preparation of graphs; presentation of research findings at local and, national and international workshops/conferences Assist in writing and reviewing of operational manuals and study specific SOPs
- Assist in capacity building for new staff and student attachments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Medical Research Council (MRC) UK / UVRI Laboratory Technologist job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Laboratory Biomedical Sciences training
- Previous experience working within a clinical trial
- Exposure to PBMC processing, cryopreservation and sterile tissue culture techniques.
- Certificate in Laboratory related health and safety training is an added advantage
- Having trained in GCLP is an added advantage
- At least a credit in Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry
- Personal Integrity
- Emotional Resourcefulness
- Ability to Learn
- Forward Thinking
- Openness to Others
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Results Orientation
- Concern for Excellence
- Flexibility towards Others
- Service Orientation
- Development Orientation
How to Apply:
The candidates should send their application letters, curriculum vitae including names, email addresses and telephone contact details of three (3) referees, plus copies of academic qualifications should be e-mailed to email@example.com. NB: Please quote the following position code in the subject line of the email: Laboratory Technologist – LT518. Please also fill the following online form accordingly after submitting the application documents on the e-mail above. Click Here
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
P.O. Box, 49 Entebbe.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Note that academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institutions.
Deadline: 25th May 2018
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.