Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organisation: Development Alternatives Inc. (DAI)
Project Name: Preparedness and Response (P&R) Project
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Development Alternatives Inc. (DAI) is a private development company based in Washington, D.C. DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies.
About USAID P&R Project:
Preparedness and Response (P&R) is one component of USAID’s Emerging Pandemic Threats (EPT 2) program. P&R has a dual mandate to help countries design and implement National Preparedness and Response Plans for public health events of unknown etiology and to establish and strengthen National One Health Platforms. Our goal is to help address the practical issues confronting national governments as they strive to cope with the human, financial, and logistical constraints associated pandemic threats. The P&R project provides technical assistance and training services to build national and regional capacity in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the P&R East Africa regional office team and supports day-to-day business operations of the office. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for carrying out a wide range of administrative and logistical tasks, in addition to supporting the operations team in project closedown processes. He/she is expected to learn DAI’s systems and abide by project policies and procedures at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide administrative support to ensure that office operations are conducted in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
· Handle calls, mail, and electronic communications and route messages and information to appropriate individuals.
· Interface with parties passing through or using the project office.
· Undertake any other tasks/duties, as assigned.
· Maintain project supplies inventory by: checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt of goods.
· Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and calling for repairs as needed.
· Keep updated and accurate records of equipment and supplies issued to staff.
· Ensure that project inventory is returned by outgoing staff, securely stored, and recorded accurately in TAMIS.
· Support inventory transfer and donation processes at the close of the project.
· Maintain office documents and files in accordance with the project record map by: safely storing hard copy files and scanning/uploading electronic documents to appropriate file management systems, including Box and TAMIS.
· Conduct TAMIS quality assurance by: reviewing entries, inputting missing information, and updating existing records.
· Secure electronic information by completing database backups.
· Document all packed items at the time of project close out.
Meeting, Travel, and Schedule Management
· Schedule and prepare materials for meetings and project events.
· Take, prepare, and distribute minutes after meetings.
· Assist Travel & Logistics Coordinator with event logistics, including procurement of printed materials, venues, catering services, and lodging, in addition to making travel arrangements.
· Travel to support P&R event execution and coordination, as needed.
Human Resources: Liaise with insurance carrier and social security manager for departing employees.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID Project Administrative Assistant must hold a University degree in business administration or relevant field.
· At least three years of work experience in the administrative, secretary, or general office support functions.
· Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred; USAID experience or work on international donor-funded projects a plus.
· Proven experience in project close out.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· The capacity to operate a range of office equipment, such as printers, scanners, telephones, etc.
· The ability to work well under pressure.
· Attention to details and accuracy.
· Multitasking and prioritization skills.
· English language fluency required.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs to PRPrecruitment@dai.com. Only online applications shall be accepted. The subject line must read: “UGANDA ADMIN ASSISTANT”
Deadline: 23rd May 2018
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.