Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Nurse
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Summary: The Clinical Nurse will assist in the processing of migration health assessment of migrants. In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates migration health assessment with the IOM Medical Officers working for various resettlement countries and other visa applicants as well as facilitate health assessment for UK TB Detection Programme and submission of complete medical documents;
- Implements migration health related activities such as filling personal/applicant details, history taking, organizing medical files including laboratory results and x-rays, and performing medical follow up as requested by the IOM Medical Officers;
- Identifies migrant for true and likeness appearance and perform blood collection, urine and sputum specimen collections, and x-ray procedures;
- Coordinates and liaise with x-ray department, laboratory units, clinics and referral hospitals and sets appointments for various follow up;
- Informs IOM Medical Officers that the migrant has completed treatment(s) prescribed, and ensures that required reports are provided to the appropriate parties as well as coordinate and maintain precise tracking records of all medical reviews;
- Coordinates with IOM Medical Officers about fitness to travel of migrants and conduct pre departure checks, de-worming and anti-malarial treatments; report this information to the IOM Medical Officer;
- Prepares monthly reports for all cases cleared to travel and those on medical hold with projected dates of clearance;
- Initiates anti -TB treatment for eligible migrants as per the panel physician’s recommendation, provide directly observed therapy (DOT) for patients at IOM TB clinic, monitor treatment progress and drugs side effects, conduct monthly evaluation, observe DOT’s during the weekend, perform home visits and contact tracing, provide Health Education and counseling for TB patients and contacts;
- Ensures safekeeping and monitoring of TB drug inventory and tracking of expiry date, request of supplementary feeding for patients and other medical items on timely manner;
- Compiles required reports and timely submission to the National TB Program and IOM Regional Office;
- Performs vaccination for migrants as prescribed by the IOM Medical Officers, updates vaccination data, maintains cold chain and ensures safekeeping of the vaccines;
- Travels to camps and other field missions with the mobile team as required by the Medical Officer, and perform all activities requested by the supervisor;
- Encodes data on spreadsheet, compile monthly statistical reports as required and ensure appropriate filing system for all reports and records;
- Safekeeping, monitoring and organization of medical stock and inventory especially tracking of expiry date. Consolidates and places quarterly medical orders for supplies;
- Perform local and international medical escort duties as required;
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Mission and the Medical Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Clinical Nurse job opportunity should hold a High School Degree/ Certificate with 4 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience in Nursing and registration with the Nursing Council of Uganda as a Registered Nurse
- Four years (two years for Bachelor’s degree or higher) in a related Nursing field preferably TB Programs, VCT, migration health, disease control and international public health; Training and experience in TB, VCT, communicable diseases and migration health is a requirement
- Supervisory experience and proven ability to coordinate the work an advantage.
- Work experience in an international organization an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Mimosa and other medical database systems an advantage
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) and experience in working with databases and online applications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated resumes with three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should be the Reference Number and Position Title i.e. “SVN: 02/05/018 Clinical Nurse.” Please ensure that send your attachments as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF. The title of your attachment should be your full name.
NB: Since the system is automated, if you do not follow the above mentioned instruction your application may be missed by the system.
Deadline: 27th May 2018
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.