Organization: Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid
Closing date: 23 May 2018
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict. HIJRA with funding from the UNHCR plans to implement a Protection Program for refugees in Kyangwali settlement (Hoima district) and is now looking for qualified and competent persons to fill the position of SGBV Assistant to be based in Kyangwali – Hoima District.**
The SGBV Assistant provides specific assistance to the assigned SGBV officer in the provision of direct support to survivors of sexual and gender based violence. The SGBV Assistant has regular interaction with clients, conducting awareness in the community on SGBV prevention and response, providing psychosocial support, and collaborates with the legal team, Police, health officials and other stakeholders to ensure refugee protection.
The post holder will be responsible to the SGBV Officer.
- Implement activities for the prevention of and response to Sexual and Gender based violence in Kyangwali R/S
- Ensuring that SGBV incidents are immediately identified and addressed ensuring completeness in case management.
- Ensure the SGBV survivors are timely referred for appropriate services i.e. legal, medical and psychosocial support and whenever necessary, offer psychosocial support to survivors and their families
- Conduct regular community awareness sessions/campaigns on SGBV prevention and response
- Prepare periodic work plans and analytical weekly, monthly and quarterly SGBV reports on activities and indicators
- Promote community participation, working with various individuals, groups and other stakeholders to strengthen SGBV prevention and response.
- Undertake other duties as required
Competencies, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Social Work and Social Administration, social sciences, development studies, human rights or any other related field.
- 2 years of work experience in the same field of development and humanitarian work and NGOs.
- Basic knowledge on SASA approach to SGBV prevention and response
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills i.e. Microsoft office, PowerPoint and e-mail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act ethically
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of French/ Swahili/ Kinyabwisha/ Kirundi/ Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
How to apply:
Qualified Candidates are requested to submit an Application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and emails contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Applications, addressed to the:
Country Program Manager
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief AID (HIJRA)
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala, Uganda
Should be sent by email to: email@example.com. The subject line should read SGBV Assistant.
Applications must be submitted not later than close of business on 23rd May, 2018. Only successful applicants will be contacted. For more information regarding the organization please visit our website www.hijra.or.ke. HIJRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.