Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant – Cash office will ensure that all cash related transactions are handled and accounted for in accordance with the URCS Finance and Accounting manual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Handle Cash and Bank
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash/cheque and mobile money disbursements as well as posting them into the accounting system;
- Handle Head office petty cash and ensure the cash float is maintained at the expected amount;
- Maintain the Disaster management fund as well as reconciling it on a monthly basis;
- Maintain and update bank and petty cash books;
- Prepare bank and cash reconciliation statements;
- Maintaining record of fund transfer/payment activities
- Maintaining proper records and filing of all receipts and payment documents;
Leadership and office management
- Takes responsibility for individual performance;
- Ensure proper maintenance of all office equipment and stationary;
- Acting as the liaison person between URCS and the banks;
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Accounts Assistant – Cash office job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance), Commerce, Statistics or associated discipline from a reputable institution;
- At least level one Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA) will be an added advantage.
- One year of experience in a cash management/accountant role;
- Experience in NAVISION Systems Accounting Package is an added advantage.
- High level of financial discipline and integrity;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- High level of integrity;
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th May 2018 by 5:00pm
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.