Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organisation: Duma Works
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Controller
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is a recruiting platform that fuses traditional human-centered recruiting and an interactive digital process to simplify how growing businesses hire top talent on the African continent. Since 2012, hundreds of employers all over East Africa have used DUMA Works to save time and money when identifying qualified job candidates. They are recruiting for a valuable client, a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Senior accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions and records
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial statements and records make adjustments where necessary.
- Reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- Prepare financial statements and participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into departmental budget setting process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles for Financial statements
- Record financial Information for analysis.
- Advise on procedure and Financial Management
- Prepare financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
- Liaise with the CFO, Financial Controller and Finance Manager to improve financial procedures.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from any accredited University or Institution of learning.
- Relevant certification will be added advantage (e.g. ACCA, CMA or CPA) Minimum Level 3
- Four years’ experience in general or tax accounting
- Proven past experience as a senior accountant or accounting supervisor with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages is an added advantage
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven experience with SPV accounting, asset financing and inventory accounting
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment and with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “3371”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3371 Okedi Jonathan, +2567xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
N.B: You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
Deadline: 8th June 2018
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.