Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
About USAID Apolou Project:
Mercy Corps was awarded a 5 year USAID/ Food for Peace- funded program working in 4 districts in Karamoja (Amudat, Moroto, Kotido and Kaabong), the Apolou Activity.
Job Summary: The Administration Officer will support all office administration duties in Kaabong Office. The Administration Officer will be responsible for the smooth running of all administration functions to support Mercy Corps Field Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the Mercy Corps office and program support operations; Enforce adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff; Handling and supporting with all field recruitment hire in Kaabong.
· Managing the filing process of all HR information (Personnel Records Keeping).
· Handling Staff orientation at the field and ensuring all new hires have the necessary workspace.
· Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: receiving visitors and ensuring they are going to the right offices
· Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for Mercy Corps guests and staff in Kaabong.
· Ensuring all photocopiers, printers, scanners, mail services, telephones etc are running within the office and any calls for repairs or maintenance needed are properly reported to the right department focal persons.
· Oversees cleaners, gardeners that will maintain office premises are cleaned and general cleanliness is maintained.
· Oversee the smooth flow of routine, administrative work in Kaabong office is in compliance with mercy corps field administration manual and national staff policy handbook. Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, consumables and cartridges/tonner.
· Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to mercy corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by Mercy Corps Country Program.
· Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
· As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Administration Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Public, Social Work, Education, or other related field.
· Three years of experience with office administration
· Good computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker with strong organizational skills
· Demonstrated excellence in administration, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
· Good writing and communications skills.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
· Strong ability to innovatively solve problems
· The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
· S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
· Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their online applications to the Senior HR and Legal Manager by clicking the link below. Please clearly state your salary requirements on the cover letter, attach your CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
Deadline: 25th May 2018
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.