Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 28 May 2018
Title: IT Officer
Location: West Nile, Uganda
Line management: Head of Support Services- West Nile.
As the size of the DRC/ DDG Uganda expands, additional support is required to maintain a standard level of service to the office. In addition, as Uganda office embarks on an IT improvement and standardization plan, a skilled IT support will be required to implement and support in the main office and respective field Locations.
Scope of responsibilities:
The IT officer is to support the West Nile field offices with the IT systems to maximize full uptime. The IT officer will also organize the mission’s geographical information system and to produce in real time a spatial analysis of the situation in the field.
- Control and maintain IT systems such as to minimize IT service downtime
- Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations.
- Trouble shooting the LAN.
- Hardware and software support.
- Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
- Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store, through diagnosing their status and performance.
- Maintain a record of all equipment received for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to finance for payment
- Provide help desk and technical support to the users.
- Provide Simple guidelines training to the staff during service time.
- Report on API on a monthly basis to the Kampala co-ordination Office
- Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the service providers where necessary and escalating if necessary.
Reports to Region IT officer- Kampala and Head of Support Manager- West Nile.
- BSC IT/Computer science or any relevant field, with Geographical Information System experience.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012
- A+, N+, CCNA certification
- Web Design – HTML and CSS
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible person and ready to work on odd hours.
- Team player.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy IT NGO environment.
- GIS knowledge including the use of complex databases and spreadsheets, and specific software such as ArcGIS; ability to highly numerate and ability to analyze data and statistics; the ability to work well under pressure.
- Direct liaison with staff to identify GIS needs and develop appropriate GIS products.
- Shall manage technical activities in support to and in close collaboration with project teams.
- Manage response and prioritization of requests for map products and services.
- Manage the development, quality control and reproduction of products in appropriate formats.
- Use and Advocate data and mapping standards.
- Identify, gather and incorporate external datasets into the repository.
- Maintain and expand the data repository and related metadata;
- Work with data to create themes and layers for use in GIS;
- Conduct analysis and relate separate datasets to create analytical products.
- Manage training and skills development support to staff with simple mapping, Google Earth, use of GPS.
- Participates in trainings at the request of the line manager.
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to email@example.com by 28th May 2018 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.