Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 28 May 2018
Terms of Reference
This position is based in Kyaka II Refugee Settlement and will be providing support to the implementation of DRC Program. The job is field based with frequent movement within the project Area.
Position and Reporting Line:
The Livelihood Assistant is responsible and reports to the Livelihoods-Team Leader.
The post refers to a trained DRC staff with vast knowledge of the contextual area of operations and responsible for the day to day operations in the beneficiary communities as outlined by the Livelihood Officer.
Coordination / Representation
- Develop relationship with a range of stakeholders in Local Governments, Private Sector and CSOs in order to facilitate the development of economic opportunities and increased incomes for the targeted beneficiaries.
Project implementation and reporting
- Contribute in the development of Project Plans/Budgets and Livelihood funding proposals.
- Promote Environment and Gender-Sensitive Livelihoods programming.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation.
- Assist in meetings and trainings with stake holders and target groups within the settlement.
- Regular data collection and monitoring and evaluation of program activities as directed by the Livelihood Officer.
- Implementation of livelihood activities for PSN’s and other needs identification exercise and follow up.
- Contribute to the central objective of Achieving the key Project Objective of enhancing Self Reliance.
- Participate in the Program operational and long term planning.
- Participate in Farmers capacity building trainings.
- Mobilization of Farmer groups,
- Link farmers with potential market opportunities.
- Organizing farmers’ field days/exchange visits.
- Setting technical demonstration plots (TDS) for farmers.
- Manages the day-to-day livelihood activities, including activity finances while bearing in mind DRC’s/Donor financial regulations.
- With support from his/her Supervisor, draw work plans/Budgets.
- Monitor and document DRC’s livelihood activities.
Staff development and management
- Manage field based staff, volunteers, and community participants.
- Uphold DRC’s international code of conduct.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
At least 2 years experience working with community development and livelihoods, preferably in a refugee setting
Proven experience in cash based programming
Ability to speak local languages
Proven experience managing community dialogues and working directly with beneficiaries
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to email@example.com by 28th May 2018 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.