Organisation: CODE Clinic
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Terms:Only transport facilitation will be availed. This is a part-time job for an applicant who desires to grow a career in digital management
CODE Clinic is a general dental practice that has been in operation since 2012. We provide all general dental services with a bias for preventive treatment and pain management solutions to cater for all including the dentophobic patients.
Job Summary: The social media intern will update the clinic social sites and website with content generated from the doctors and staff of the clinic and also engage the followers in a timely manner. The incumbent will also set ads on facebook and analyse them with the guidance of the directors. He /she will be expected to spend at least one hour daily learning how to effectively utilize the social media tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take the lead in online content creation and social media management.
· Manage the implementation of our social media strategy, including the development, curation, and nearly around-the-clock posting of engaging, thoughtful, and powerful content on our social media channels (currently Facebook, Twitter and Youtube).
· The incumbent will also contribute to content development for our website. This will include maintaining and strengthening our web interactions with partners, donors, community members, and the broader public.
· Engage clients to give video testimonials daily on facebook or photos
· The jobholder will also help us grow our audience, strengthen our engagement with them and think through new strategies and next steps.
· Update blogs monthly
· Support clients in using Wifi when in the clinic lounge
· Do facebook live at least once a week
· Learn from social media training videos one hr daily
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Social Media intern vacancy should be conversant with social media and online content creation; comfortable with diverse analytic and aggregation platforms; has basic graphic design skills.
· Keen interest in growing a career in social media management
· Collaborative and able to work dynamically and diligently without direct supervision
· Results-oriented, interesting in learning and recommending new approaches or tech solutions.
· Tech savvy
· The applicant should preferably have an MC at events or with significant events management experience
· Computer literacy skills
· Ability to read and write
· Extrovert personality that can interact with people freely and quiz them or start conversations easily
· Outgoing, extroverted and interesting
· Fluent in both English and Luganda
· Age: Below 25 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line quoted as “Social Media Intern.”
Deadline: 8th June 2018