Organisation: Bank of Baroda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited, also known as the Bank of Baroda Uganda (BBU), is a commercial bank in Uganda. BBU is involved in all aspects of commercial banking, focusing on large corporations, small and medium enterprises, and individuals. BBU is a subsidiary of the Bank of Baroda (BBI), an international bank with headquarters in Mumbai, India.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with marketing new and existing products and services.
- According full support to his /her superior for ensuring smooth functioning of the department.
- Supervise, control, support and guide the staff working under him /her for ensuring proper discharging of their respective duties.
- Tasked with providing satisfactory customer service and redressing customer grievances, if any.
- In charge of monitoring, control & reporting daily transactions / developments to respective authorities; Balancing of books &update housekeeping.
- Responsible for processing of credit proposals, appraisal, sanction, monitoring, follow up and recover of advances A/cs; Renewal / review of credit facilities;
- Handling of sticky, stagnant and decreed A/cs and Pre and post sanction inspection for monitoring credit A/cs.
- Presentation of documents /bills for realization, and prom# clearance, follow up of long outstanding entries.
- Charged with facilitating payment of valid instruments i.e. cheque, BC/Bills payable, DD, MT, TT, etc observing all norms/instructions and necessary follow up action
- Passing of vouchers within delegated powers; keeping proper custody of documents/security forms and other assets of the bank.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Bank of Baroda Directly Recruited Banking Supervisor jobs should be graduates with minimum Second Class degree preferably in Commerce/ Accounting & Finance.
- Working experience in a Bank / Financial Institution will be an added advantage.
- Applicant should possess team building, computer and excellent interpersonal communication skills, besides high degree of integrity & confidentiality with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Age: Below 28 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send typed applications with full Curriculum Vitae, names of two referees with self-attested photocopies of academic/ professional/experience certificates, proof of age in a sealed envelope to:
The Executive Director,
Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited,
Plot 18, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7197, Kampala.
- Envelope containing application must be clearly marked “Application for the post of Directly Recruited Banking Supervisor.”
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for selection process as decided by the Bank.
- No communication will be sent to applicants whose applications are not found suitable during shortlisting.
- Bank reserves the right to reject / accept any application and to relax / alter any condition without assigning any reason.
- Bank reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of the selection process.
- The short-listed candidates will be subjected to a written test and thereafter a personal interview.
- Final selection will be subject to finding the candidate medically fit by Bank’s Panel Doctor.
- If any information with regard to Qualification, Age, Experience, background checks etc. is found, at any stage to be false the Bank reserves the right to cancel the selection / appointment at any stage.
Deadline: 11th June 2018 by 5.00 p.m.