Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Associate
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant-Travel and Protocol provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant- Travel and Protocol promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Assistant–Travel and Protocol works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures Administrative and of privileges and immunities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare requests for resident permits, international/diplomatic staff IDs, travel visas, and follow-up for their issuance from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Administers extension of UNLPs and ensures filing and sending the supporting documents to
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
- Performance of a Buyer role in Atlas and preparation of POs for travel activities.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the United Nations UNDP Admin Assistant (Protocol) job placement should have completed Secondary education. Certification in administration is desirable.
- Three years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Previous experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Prior experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Atlas
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 4th October 2018
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 164 times, 1 visits today)