- Company: DFCU Bank
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda – Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Human Capital Operations Officer will deliver effective Human Capital Operations & Benefits administration services to company’s employees through implementing HR practices in compliance with the company policies and procedures and local labour laws. The Senior Human Capital Operations Officer will participate in the development and implementation of Human Capital policies, procedures in liaison with Head, Human Capital & Head, Facilities & Administration. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating, driving, and directing effective compliance and operational risk management in Human Capital Operations processes. Ensure that dfcu Bank operates to high standards of conduct, meets all regulatory requirements to protect and enhance the reputation of dfcu with its customers and regulators and to avoid significant financial loss.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effectiveness and efficiency in Benefits & payroll administration, driving compliance in all aspects payroll processing and statutory deductions.
- Managing the benefits review exercises in liaison with the Head, Human Capital, Human Capital Business Partners & Head, Facilities & Administration.
- Interprets and Implement HR practices, personnel rules, policies and procedures of the company and local labour law ensuring sensitization to all staff.
- Responsible for the reviews, development and implementation of human resources policies, procedures, work instructions, and forms in order to improve efficiency and meet the changing requirements of internal customers. Also make sure that developed policies, procedures and work instructions, comply with local labour laws.
- Managing and processing the company’s health insurance policies through processing the contract renewal, addition, deletion, and claims reimbursement.
- Managing and processing the company’s insurance policies like workmen compensation policy/Group Personal Accident policy by acquiring and renewing these policies, including dissemination to staff.
- Keep updated with new and amended local laws and regulations and explain its implications to the line manager.
- Responsible for the HR analytics and Personnel reports for the Head, Facilities & Administration concern on a monthly basis to facilitate decision making.
- Preparing budget reports, accrual reports and any other reports when requested. Responsible for tracking costs of HR operations (HR Budget vs actual spend and initiating cost efficiency & effective methods).
- Responsible for employee related data and ensuring that employee information is always updated both on the HRMIS and on the intranet. Ensure the necessary management information required (HR Analytics) is provided to the business departments as and when needed. Ensure efficient management of the central database system including all staff files.
- Coordination of the annual HR audit by ensuring compliance, information collection and provision to the audit team and ensuring a successful audit.
- Accountable for the staff budgeting process.
- Ensures that departments are properly aligned in the system.
- Ensures that staff & other related costs are within budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Senior Human Capital Operations Officer job placement must hold a university degree preferably Human Resource Management or any other related field
- A post graduate diploma preferably in Human Resource Management
- Five years of generalist Human Resources Experience preferably in a Financial Institution
- Ability to exhibit self-motivated and self-driven capabilities
- Knowledge & excellent use of Micro soft packages (like excel, power point, word, statistical packages).
- Good understanding of Bank policies and procedures
- Good understanding of the interconnectivities of functions and processes
- Good understanding of the budgeting process
- Experience in the use of an HRMIS
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 25th September 2018
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.