- Company: Standard Chartered Bank (Stanchart)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda – Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Hong Kong, China. It operates a network of over 1,700 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Africa, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda is the longest established international bank in the country; the first branch was opened in August 1912. We had 11 branches up to 1972 and retained only one branch during the turbulence of the 70s. In 1998 we acquired 4 branches of former Cooperative Bank in November 1999. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda today has a network of 11 branches in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda has 29 ATMs and over 600 staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Relationship deepening by proactively reaching out to & engaging with high value Business Clients & “Hidden larger Businesses” as per the mandated protocols
- Acquiring from existing to Bank client referrals (MGM)
- On boarding clients on Business working capital (BWC) proposition.
- Supporting the client on any client-initiated needs
- Delivering on transactions, service requests, Mobile/Web training
- Updating Client Due Diligence / Anti Money Laundering
- Managing Client’s credit situation
Ensure compliance with:
- “Guidelines and procedures on “Customer Due Diligence “for account opening and on cross-border account opening referral” issued by group business and operations risk.
- Controls and procedures on “Customer Due Diligence” introduced to addressed money laundering prevention and compliance risk.
- Guidelines for the submission of suspicious transaction reports issued by Financial Crime Compliance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Standard Chartered Bank Relationship Manager Business Banking should be a University Graduate.
- Sales experience is an added advantage.
- A team player.
- Knowledgeable about banking.
NB: Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
If interested in working with Standard Chartered Bank in the above portfolio, Please send us visit Web link below and review requirements and thereafter express your interest by Clicking Apply Now.
Deadline: 27th September 2018