- Company: Allied Health Professionals Council
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda – Logistics Jobs in Uganda
The Allied Health Professionals’ Council was established by an Act of Parliament in 1996, cap 268. The Council has a mandate to regulate, supervise and control the training, practice and for other connected matters of Allied Health professional in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will provide procurement support services in all council’s procurement functions in accordance with PPDA Act and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check and prepare specifications, terms of reference or statement of requirements in consultation with the users.
- Preparing and issuing RFQ’s or RFP’s as may be applicable
- Guide the conduct of evaluation and make appropriate recommendations
- Liaise with service providers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of quality goods and services
- Participate in the evaluation of bids for high value and specialized procurement,
- Prepare and issue LPO’s /agreements to approved service providers
- Prepare work plans and reports to relevant authorities
- Perform other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an honors Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement /Purchases and Supplies, Business Administration, Commerce (Procurement and Supplies option) or its equivalent from recognized awarding Institution
- Membership to any relevant professional body/institution or possession of a relevant post graduate diploma is a must,
- Two years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the public procurement laws and regulations with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer and writing skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above challenging posts, submit your application in triplicate together with a curriculum vitae giving full career details, day time telephone number, address, 3 passport size coloured photos and telephone contacts for three competent referees who are not your relatives as well as certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates quoting the title and job reference number on top of the envelope to the address provided below;
Allied Health Professionals Council Ministry of Health
Plot 973, Block 220 Kiwatule-Nalya Rd Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th October 2018 by 5:00pm