- Company: Green Resources AS (GRAS)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
Busoga Forestry Company (BFC) Ltd. is a commercial forestry plantation company and a subsidiary of Green Resources AS (GRAS) of Norway, Africa’s leading Forestation Company and a leader in East African wood processing. GRAS owns over 44,000ha of standing forest in Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda, established through its own planting activities. It also operates East Africa’s largest sawmill in Tanzania, transmission pole treatment and charcoal plants in, Tanzania and Uganda.
BFC, under the 49-year renewable tree planting licenses, has established forest plantations on 4,610 ha in Bukaleba CFR and 1,989 ha in Kachung CFR in Mayuge and Dokolo districts respectively. The company uses wood from existing and new plantations to produce high-value-added products based on the needs of its customers. BFC follows the highest corporate social & environmental standards as well as standards for responsible forest management. Mission: To become Africa’s leading forestation, carbon offset and wood products company for the benefi t of our stakeholders
Forest Operations Manager
- Be in possession of a suitable Masters Qualifi cation in Forestry /Agriculture.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Senior Forestry Manager.
- Have suitable and verifi able exposure to modern International Forestry and Sawmilling operations specifi cally in East and Southern Africa. v Have suitable exposure to mechanised harvesting operations. v Have suitable exposure to modern fi re protection and suppression methods
- Ability to work in remote places without supervision.
- Be fully consummate with the requirements of FSC, ISO, SPGS or relevant international certifi cation standards.
- Be eligible to work in Uganda and a keen team player
- Be in possession of a valid driving permit/licence
Application procedure: Candidates who have the necessary relevant qualifi cations, skills and competencies should apply by sending a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12th October 2018.
Additional details of Job description and application procedure for this opening are available on www.busoga-forestry.com BFC is an equal opportunity employer with no consideration of gender, race, religion, age, disability or geographic origin.
Please note that canvassing and lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.