- Company: Allied Health Professionals Council
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda – Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The Allied Health Professionals’ Council was established by an Act of Parliament in 1996, cap 268. The Council has a mandate to regulate, supervise and control the training, practice and for other connected matters of Allied Health professional in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Inspection and Quality Assurance Manager will coordinate, supervise and enforce rules, standards and Regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Head the Inspectorate and Quality Assurance function
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the department
- Ensure availability of up to date standard inspection guidelines for Allied Health training institutions and health facilities
- Ensure that all Allied Health Professional training institutions are accredited and recognized in accordance with the Act
- Ensure that all health facilities comply to the set standards and guidelines,
- Ensure that all private health facilities are registered and licensed by the council.
- Ensure availability of quarterly and annual reports by all section heads
- Receive operational reports from supervisory authorities and advise accordingly,
- Ensure that reported cases of professional misconduct are investigated timely.
- Ensure that pre-registration assessment is effectively conducted by advisory boards
- Perform other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in any of the allied Health Professionals disciplines plus a Diploma in Management or its equivalent from a recognized awarding institution OR a diploma in any of the allied health professionals discipline plus a relevant bachelor’s degree in management.
- Must have a master’s degree in management, public health or its equivalent
- Possession of a certificate in Administrative Law is of added advantage
- Must be registered and licensed by the Allied Health Professionals Council,
- A minimum of six years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of health sector regulatory framework with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer and writing skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above challenging posts, submit your application in triplicate together with a curriculum vitae giving full career details, day time telephone number, address, 3 passport size coloured photos and telephone contacts for three competent referees who are not your relatives as well as certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates quoting the title and job reference number on top of the envelope to the address provided below;
Allied Health Professionals Council Ministry of Health
Plot 973, Block 220 Kiwatule-Nalya Rd Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th October 2018 by 5:00pm