- Company: A Reputable Organization
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
A reputable Organisation wishes to invite suitably qualified applications for the under listed vacant positions. Specific qualifications required are mentioned along each position, while the general requirements include the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong and pleasant inter-personal skills, with an ability to work effectively and collectively at all levels.
- Strong initiative, drive and ambition to succeed.
- Computer literate and strong IT skills.
- Willingness to learn new and/or practical skills.
- Age range between 23 to 35 years.
- Experience, if any, is an added advantage.
Position: 2 Gin Fitter-Mechanical
Location: Pajule, Pader District
Certificate in Fitter Machinist or Mechanical Engineering Craft / Certificate in Ginning Engineering.
- Good technical and hands-on skills.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn by practical and hands-on training.
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the supervisor to evaluate work done and matters to be reported.
- Ability to determine preventive maintenance/repairs and trouble-shooting.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of the engineering profession.
- Highly organised with strong organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assessments within short deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and interpret large amounts of data and to issue timely reports where required.
- Good IT skills.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of seed processing plant machinery, equipment and accessories.
- Carrying out annual overhaul of seed processing plant machinery and equipment.
- Carrying out settings for the seed processing machinery and equipment.
- Keep record of repair and maintenance work.
- Ensure safety, health and an environmental requirement of the seed processing plant is strictly followed.
- Carry out any fabrications and machine shop activities e.g. lathe turning, milling, drilling etc. as may be instructed.
- Accountable for issued tools and spare parts.
- Assist in production records keeping.
- Willingness to learn the local dialect (Luo) is an added advantage.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Hand-written applications, attaching a copy of the C.V and relevant testimonials, should be addressed and submitted to Voucher No. 653, c/o The New Vision Printing & Publishing Co Ltd, Kampala. The application should be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked with the Post one is applying for. Deadline for submission is Monday 15th October 2018 at 4:00pm. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further considerations.