- Company: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Uganda – Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Monitor Publications Limited (MPL), a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3 KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Distribution Assistant will mainly transport staff, deliver newspapers and parcels to various destinations safely and securely within set deadlines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives staff delivers newspapers and parcels to various destinations as assigned.
- Keeps the vehicle in the cleanest and top mechanical condition.
- Monitors the distances covered book the vehicle for service and ensure it is serviced as required.
- Maintains a work book for each assignment and logs in the distances covered.
- Monitors the condition of the vehicle and reports defects for rectifying immediately.
- Fuels the vehicle, takes care of tools and accessories.
- Checks duty roaster route and vehicles assigned.
- Sorts and loads parcels ensuring the first-in-last-out order for efficient drops en route
- Signs off the loading strip list and leaves for destination within set deadlines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an O’ Level Certificate (Uganda Certificate of Education) or its equivalent
- A valid driver’s license, with at least 2 classes e.g. CM or DL
- Three to five years of working experience as a company driver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a very good command of English
- High drive for results and ability to work with deadlines
- Very high personal standards
- Mechanical knowledge is an added advantage.
Al suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with daytime telephone number(s) addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th October 2018