- Company: Malteser lnternational
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Malteser lnternational, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. its mission is provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH): Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Maiteser lnternational (Ml) has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country, In Northern Uganda and more speciﬁcally in the West Nile region, Malteser lnternational is currently active In the WASH ‘sector for Improving the lives of both the host population as well as the refugee population. In the capital Kampala Malteser International‘s focus on the health sector with the development of an operative ambulance system and the support of an initiative for mothers of disabled children Impact building solutions foundation (IBSF) is a German private social enterprise promoting innovative “Zero Carbon” construction works. In addition in this‘ Ml-IBSF partnership aims at creating opportunities for the youth (employment and income generation).
For its work in Uganda, Malteser lnternational is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager (national position)
- Serves as a focal person for all potential Ml-lBSF protects or initiative. .
- Carries out continuos and systematic market assessments government interests, policies as well as funding opportunities and provides advice, recommendations on the way forward.
- Contributes lo exploring areas of cooperation with government (local and national), UN, NGOs and private sector in terms development, expansion and: implementation of projects.
- Contribute to IBSF marketing material and technical data sheets
- Promotes IBSF product range,
- Networks with key government institutions, donors, NGOs, and all other public and private sector parties or clients with an interest in the IBSF product range, Working relationships with external contacts are systematically build and maintained.
- Participates in relevant meetings, workshops, networks, coordination mechanism, and shares reports to all concerned.
- Participates in strategic development and planning of new Ml-lBSF projects
Qualiﬁcations & experiences:
- Degree in Marketing, Economics, Development Studies, Project Planning/management and related ﬁelds
- A Masters Degree highly desirable n any of the above disciplines
- 3-5 years of relevant experience,
- Exposure to construction or housing initiatives in Uganda or/ and East Africa
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to explain technical construction details and solutions
- Ability to build relations and network with relevant institutions, social and other enterprises and government. Conditions:
Salary according to qualiﬁcation and experience
Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
if you are interested in this position, please apply online at Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until 24th October 2018 at l6hrs. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Please Note that Malteser international in Uganda does not ask any applicant payment for any recruitment process. Malteser International D-50825 Cologne / Germany www.malteser-international.org