- Company: Nation Media Group
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Communication Jobs in Uganda
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory. We wish to recruit qualified and experienced professionals to fill vacancies;
We are looking for a qualified and experienced results oriented professional to fill the following vacancy;
To edit stories, write captions, place pictures and write headlines in conformity with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
- Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub Editor for facts, accuracy, taste, house- style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity and spellings.
- Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
- Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style
- Writes or rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Edits the pictures selected by the Chief Sub Editor to fit the allocated space, and writes/rewrites appropriate caption taking care not to merely state the obvious details.
- Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub Editor within set deadlines.
- Designs the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub Editor.
- Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
- Checks the printed soft copy and corrects any errors and signs off the pages to go to press ’ CORE
- Demonstrable and proven experience in meeting deadlines
- Ability to develop and communicate a clear and effective strategy.
- Computer literacy especially in PowerPoint, Word and Spreadsheets.
- A results oriented attitude and high personal standards
- Strong and demonstrable communication (oral & written) skills. .
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
Academic: Basic University Degree in Journalism and communication
Experience: I to 3 years working experience In a media industry
if you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your applications, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number by 19th October 2018 to: Head of Human Resource. Nation Media Group Uganda. Or you can send an email to email@example.com Please Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted