- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda – Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
About USAID ICAN Project:
Abt Associates is implementing the USAID/Uganda’s Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition (ICAN) Activity, which will aim to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households by increasing economic opportunities for poor households, improving nutrition with a focus on women and children, and strengthening community and local governance.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant / Administration and Finance Office is responsible for providing administrative, logistical, and financial support to the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaises closely with technical teams to anticipate needs for project events and staff travel. Makes all ICAN travel arranges
- Defines specifications, identifies prospective suppliers, and gathers competitive price quotations for goods and services required by ICAN
- Maintains an accurate inventory of expendable and non-expendable property
- Maintains a system for filling project documents, invoices, and other supporting documentation
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Administrative Assistant / Administration and Finance Office job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in management, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Two years of professional experience
- Experience with procurement and/or finance
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and computer skills
- English language fluency
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to apply online at the link below.