- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Child Protection and Education Officer will support the project in systematic data collection and management of up to date databases for timely and evident reporting, to ensure quality programming and accountability within the framework of World Vision and donor standards and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with staff, ALP teachers, ECD caregivers and CFS caregivers in drawing respective implementation plans in line with the project requirements and standards.
- Offer technical support to staff, ALP teachers and ECD caregivers on skills development related program interventions
- Support ALP teachers to generate working documents to facilitate project implementation
- Facilitate ongoing networks and coordination between the ALP centres, existing schools, community, education working group and the district education office.
- Ensure quality in rolling out of Accelerated learning program within the existing child friendly spaces
- Ensure quality rollout of the multipurpose approach of the implementation of the child friendly spaces, ALP and ECD.
- Track and manage activity budgets to ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
- Prepare timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
- Participant in project management meetings, district education engagements and working group meetings within the respective settlements.
- Actively participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project.
- Identify capacity gaps for teachers, ECD caregiver and work with the Child protection Coordinator and project Manager to ensure needs are met
- Participate and also provide guidance to the development of project designs, concepts and fundable proposals for children and youth development programs
Project monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate effective project monitoring, data collection to inform documentation and reporting in compliance with project documents, agreements minimum standards and tools
- Facilitate the baseline and evaluation processes in liaison with DM&E, project manager and child protection coordinator.
- Conduct assessments as required in the response area
- Ensure compliance to the child protection policy and Education in Emergencies standards in all project interventions in accordance with the inter agency guidelines, organization policies and Global child protection minimum standards.
- Mentor and build the capacity of ALP teachers and ECD assistants
- Develop a guide to activity implementation and ensure
- Develop tools to manage data and information collection and analysis in establishing and maintaining a Monitoring and Evaluation adherences
- Work closely with relevant technical and professional resource persons to provide the necessary capacity for the project
- Monitor and manage the project budget in line with project agreements and standards.
- Support risk management so as to address and report any risks to management of program funds and budgets.
- Ensure project assets in the operation are safe and secure in line with projects’ grant regulations, MoUs and agreements.
- Support audit processes in line with the projects’ audit regulations
Network and Collaboration:
- Participate in education coordination meetings at cluster and settlement levels.
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in planning and implementation of the emergency response activities.
- Carry out review meetings with the district education office and education partners in relation project interventions
- Facilitate review meetings with community member and beneficiaries
- Facilitate the integration of Advocacy in education.
- Collaborate with relevant organizations, agencies and actors in the refugee settlement camps and host communities to plan for transition from the onset
Documentation and Reporting
- Document change stories in order to share milestones and lessons learnt.
- Prepare quality reports and submit (progress against delivery of outputs and achievement of outcomes, etc) to the project manager, Child protection Coordinator and other stake holders
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Uganda Child Protection and Education Officer job opportunity must hold a Degree in Education
- Three years or more experience of relief work relating to Education in emergencies and at least 1 year in in implementing accelerated learning programing.
- Self-motivated with excellent management and leadership skills
- Experience in Accelerated Learning Program is a must
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 26th October 2018