- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Conflict Management Assistant will be responsible for the operational implementation of all conflict management activities in the assigned target areas
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination / Representation
- Build relationships with field level structures, authorities and community leaders as well as field level private and other stakeholders
- In coordination with the Livelihoods/Gender officer attend and represent the interest of DRC in the areas of your responsibility
- Actively coordinate with the field staff of other DRC sectors and other organizations
- Actively participate in the regular sector meetings and in house coordination meetings
- Act as primary link between the assigned target communities
Project implementation and reporting:
- Effectively implement the day to day activities according to plan and technical standards
- Contribute in the development of projects through field experience and information sharing
- Assist in meetings and trainings with stakeholders and target groups
- Facilitate the development of awareness raising campaign led by communities in assigned target communities for the EU Trust Fund projects
- Monitor the implementation of the awareness raising campaign plan by the assigned target communities and support the communities to improve implementation.
- Actively take part in quality data collection and timely reporting
- Actively mobilize beneficiaries
- Monitor and document DRC’s conflict management activities
- Produce reports to contribute to the weekly, monthly and other reports
- Ensure the delivery of items and others services to beneficiaries
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Staff development and management
- Offer technical and programmatic leadership for the community based structure in Kiryandongo operational area as needed.
- Conduct daily field visits to support community structures – mentoring – to train duty bearers on their roles and responsibilities.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability
- Support the Conflict Management Officer to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different clusters.
- Follow up all DRC Procedures on Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Actively take part in the facilitation of order requests
- Ensure effective use of resources in the field
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Conflict Management Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in political science, Development Studies, Social Sciences, human Rights, Law and related field
- Certificate in Conflict Prevention, Management and Resolution
- Certificate in Project Planning and Management
- Two years’ experience working with vulnerable communities preferably in a refugee context
- One year of budgeting and proposal development
- One year of experience in managing and supervising teams
- Demonstrated understand of gender and protection programming
- Languages: Fluent English. Knowledge of the local languages an asset
All candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 23rd October 2018