- Company: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
- Location: Gulu, Northern Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to champion, provide and enable universal access to rights based Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services to vulnerable and underserved communities and to young people. RHU seeks to recruit highly skilled, experienced and motivated persons to fill the following positions
Reports to: Accountant
Job Role: The Accounts Assistant will maintain Projects’ Accounts, Logistics and Supplies in line with the project funding in line with the Reproductive Health Uganda agreement/financial procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and validate all project payments to ensure accuracy, correctness and compliance to set procedures
- Write and maintain accurate books of accounts.
- Manage all bank and cash transactions.
- Make certain that regular budget follow-up and budget revisions when necessary
- Prepare timely periodic financial reports
- Maintain logistical and stores record according to Reproductive Health Uganda guidelines
- Plan, monitor and budget for commodity requirements and purchasing, and commodity distribution
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The Accounts Assistant should hold a Bachelor of Commerce degree. S/He should be Computer proficient, preferably with knowledge of Navision accounting software.. Prior NGO experience of not less than 2 years will be an added advantage. Should have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills in regard to office administration.
Submit by post or hand-deliver application letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum) Closing Date: 19th October 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
NB: Female applicants are encouraged to apply