- Company: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Communication Jobs in Uganda
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to champion, provide and enable universal access to rights based Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services to vulnerable and underserved communities and to young people. RHU seeks to recruit highly skilled, experienced and motivated persons to fill the following positions
Reports to: Advocacy and Communications Manager
Initiate/ review, and implement a Communication strategy, and activities that enhance RHU institutional visibility, image and increased access to reproductive health and rights services
Key Result Areas:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that enhance utilization of sexual and reproductive health services, and portrays a positive image of the organization.
- Raise staff, government and partner organizations awareness on RHU’s mission and sexual reproductive health and reproductive rights issues for purposes of according them priority in planning and resource allocation.
- Provide support to officers and relevant staff to document, report, and share RHU and partner best practices: writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports; preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes.
- Document and share information regarding RHU activities and salient events in the print and electronic media, including the website
- Oversee and update RHU online media- social media platforms and website on a regular basis.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of RHU Information Education and Communication (IEC) strategy and related activities.
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
- Support the advocacy team
Knowledge, skills and temperament
Thorough knowledge and skill in communication and advocacy of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights, skill in creative writing, documenting and disseminating SRHR information, audience analysis and segmentation. Extrovert with ability to influence, lobby and communicate timely. Excellent report writing, facilitation and mentoring skills
Training and Experience
- A Masters degree in communication studies, literature in English or linguistics, or journalism. Individuals with previous media experience will have an added advantage.
- Certificate in Advocacy, Behavioral Change Communication (BCC), or Information Education and Communication (IEC). Minimum of five (5) years working experience, three (3) of which must have been served at Senior Management level, preferably in a reputable Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Proof of work related results achieved
- Age: 24 – 35 years
Submit by post or hand-deliver application letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum) Closing Date: 19th October 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
NB: Female applicants are encouraged to apply