- Company: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
- Location: Mbale, Eastern Region, Uganda
- State: Mbale, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to champion, provide and enable universal access to rights based Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services to vulnerable and underserved communities and to young people. RHU seeks to recruit highly skilled, experienced and motivated persons to fill the following positions
Reports to: Clinic Services Manager
Job Role: Provide reproductive health expertise and assistance for the health personnel in the Mbale branch according to Ministry of Health guidelines; coordinate and supervise sexual & reproductive health activities, and liaise with partners in reproductive health in the branch
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage clinic, outreach and community SRH service delivery units so as to attain and maintain national quality standards
- Co-ordinate and monitor programme and project implementation at the RHU branch to ensure attainment of planned results.
- Provide technical training, guidance and mentoring to staff and community agents to improve and standardize their performance
- Ensure that the reproductive health, and other health needs of women, men and youth in the branch are fully offered in line with the RHU service delivery package
- Work closely with the RHU medical team at the Head Office,
and other RHU staff to ensure that quality of care is provided according to RHU/WHO/MoH standards
- Strengthen RHU service delivery capacity through on-job/site training of branch and partner staff
- Actively participate together with Head Quarter and Branch staff to prepare proposals for potential donor funding and/or contribute to health program proposal development
- Coordinate Volunteer Members’ activities in the branch
- Manage emergency reproductive health conditions and situations and strengthen referral mechanism
- Keenly track advances in the medical field, advise management on such advances and their implementation
- Perform any other professional duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor(s)
Knowledge, skills and temperament
- Working knowledge of current medical protocols and clinical procedures is a must.
- Detailed working knowledge concerning integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. Skills in providing related training, quality of care assessment supervision, and provision of feedback.
- Demonstrated leadership, administration and motivation skills, organizational ability and ability to multi-task and deliver accurate and complete results in an efficient and timely manner. Proven ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and ability to coach, guide, and build task oriented teams.
Training and Experience:
The applicant should hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from an accredited institution, and three years of experience in Reproductive Health Service Delivery, especially long term family planning, as well as proven training and experience in project management. Applicants with previous NGO experience will have added advantage.
Submit by post or hand-deliver application letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum) Closing Date: 19th October 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
NB: Female applicants are encouraged to apply