- Company: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
- Location: Northern Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to champion, provide and enable universal access to rights based Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services to vulnerable and underserved communities and to young people. RHU seeks to recruit highly skilled, experienced and motivated persons to fill the following positions
Reports to: Medical Coordinator
Manage and provide Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) services at RHU outlets in accordance with M.O.H and international guidelines. SRH services include counseling and providing of long and short term methods of family planning, diagnosis of simple related conditions, such as STIs, malaria, UTI/RTI, screening for cancer of the cervix, management of infertility, HIV counseling and testing, etc. These services are offered at the static clinic as well as in the community, through outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage clinic, outreach and community SRH service delivery units so as to attain and maintain national quality standards
- Co-ordinate and monitor programme and project implementation at the RHU branch to ensure attainment of planned results.
- Provide clinical SRH services to clients at all delivery units as per RHU’s SRH package.
- Provide technical training, guidance and mentoring to staff and community agents to improve and standardize their performance
- Initiate and develop programme activities that address branch SRH needs in a gender and youth focused manner
- Develop and maintain networks with partner organizations at district level for purposes of resource sharing and cost saving
- Coordinate Volunteer Members’ activities in the branch
- Ensure maintenance of valid and up to date finance and program documents regarding RHU branch activities, including the preparation of timely, accurate and complete reports
- Work closely with government structures e.g. VHTs and advocate for inclusion of RHU activities into district work plans and access to district health resources
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and temperament
Thorough knowledge as well as skill in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. Skill in offering related training, quality of care assessment, supervision, excellent report writing and feedback. Demonstrated effective leadership, administration and motivation skills, organizational ability and capacity to multi-task and deliver accurate and complete results in an efficient and timely manner. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision or under pressure, and willingness to coach, guide, and build task oriented teams.
Training and experience
Diploma in Clinical Medicine from an accredited institution and three years of relevant experience in Reproductive Health Service Delivery, including long term family planning, as well as proven training and experience in project management. Individuals with previous NGO experience will have added advantage.
Submit by post or hand-deliver application letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda, P.O. Box 10746 Kampala Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum) Closing Date: 19th October 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
NB: Female applicants are encouraged to apply