- Company: Restless Development
- Location: Jinja, Eastern Region, Uganda
- State: Jinja, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda – Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
Job Summary: The Finance and Admin Officer will support in two key support units: finance and administration. This position requires outstanding organisational and administrative abilities and excellent communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance Operations (70%)
- Ensure all financial transactions adhere to policy and procedure, including relevant authorisation and supporting documentation.
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded and filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure after banking, all transactions are sent to the SFAC in the csv template for review before being posted in Finance Force to ensure a timely update of all transactions in the accounting system
- Collect all financial requisitions from staff and prepare cheque payments for internal cash requirements or external purposes i.e. for payment of suppliers
- Make payments and administer cash advances, follow up accountabilities, and maintain the required accounting records for each transaction physically and in finance force.
- Manage the office cash, ensuring sufficient funds are available to support programme operations.
- Maintain the bank and cash safe to ensure funds are available for all authorised transactions.
- Ensure the safe keeping of the accounting records such as authorised requisitions, invoices, receipts, cheque, book, etc.
- Ensure the float register is updated on a daily basis and that Finance force is duly updated with accurate details of payment and accountabilities.
- Ensure cash and bank reconciliations are completed every month including weekly cash counts.
- Support the Programme and the finance team to prepare regular internal and external financial re-ports as may be required.
- Support other regular finance systems and operations as required.
Main Office Administrative Systems (15%)
- Ensure all payments and accountabilities are duly checked, stamped paid before they are updated in finance force
- Ensure all financial documents are duly filed and labelled for a quick retrieval during audits or as may be required from time to time
- Support to other regular administration systems as may be required.
- Head office stores management by ensuring that stationery and office consumables are replenished and issued out for use accordingly
Support to Programmes and Finance Admin Unit (10%)
- Provide support to staff during inductions as well as during central financial training to researchers and volunteers
- Provide support required on spend to date to Programme teams and liaising with relevant programme teams for feedback
- Support for Programme, Finance, Fundraising and grants team on financial reporting
- Provide regular updates to the programme team as may be required from time to time
Other duties as required (5%)
- Participate in F and A unit planning meeting once a month
- Other duties as required. Occasionally working on weekends, late night in case of volunteer incidents and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Restless Development Finance and Admin Officer job must hold a University degree in accounting or finance or relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience, Part ACCA/CPA qualification
- One to two years’ experience in development/business sector
- Excellent knowledge of IT, especially Word and Excel (experience with Finance Force or accounting systems preferred)
- Excellent organisational skills and methodological approach to financial management
- A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and methods of Restless Development
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyse problems and make sound operational decisions
- Fluency in written and spoken English Desirable
- Demonstrated experience in accurately entering financial data in accounting or administrative systems
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Prior experience working with an NGO
- Fluency in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Individual must be highly results-orientated, hardworking, self-motivated, and honest and have demonstrated analytical skills. The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organization and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Restless Development in the aforementioned capacity should fill in this form, download here, and send it to email@example.com. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
Deadline: 28th October 2018