- Company: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd was incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act, 2012 on the basis of the Public Enterprises Reform and Divestiture Act, Cap 98 and Electricity Act, Cap 145 respectively. UEGCL is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda. UEGCL’s key role is to – carry on the business of electric power generation and sale within Uganda or for export to neighbouring countries; build, operate and maintain Electricity Generation Plants; monitor the operation and maintenance of its Concessioned Assets – Nalubaale and Kiira Power Stations; provide Technical Support as and when required by the Government of the Republic of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; organize, support, encourage and maintain training facilities in technical and related fields, amongst others.
Job Summary: The Planner and Scheduler will prepare annual maintenance plans and maintain or update the maintenance plan and ensure execution of planned activities through production of periodic schedules for distribution to maintenance teams. Generally, the Planner is to improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labour, parts and material, and equipment access.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimize downtime and interruptions to operations
- Render better service to operations by performing most important jobs first (as determined by operations)
- Apply technical and maintenance experience to analysis of each job
- Provide orderly procedures for processing work to prevent work orders from getting lost:
- Maintains accurate backlog status
- Reports completion promptly
- Provide a single contact for all in-process, scheduled, and emergency work (area supervisor or functional supervisor)
- Permit advanced determination of labor resources needed and time required to complete each job, which aids the maintenance supervisor in measuring the performance of his/her personnel
- Allow elimination of delays due to waiting for information, materials, equipment, other skills, tool, etc.
- Provide the cooperation necessary in connection with each job to do work as prescribed by operations
- Provide a central source of information concerning maintenance work, equipment, and equipment repair
- Provide special tool and equipment requirements
- Reduce clerical work of the supervisor
- Permit advance determination of the number of labor resources needed in a given area or location
- Reduce total cost of maintenance while improving conditions of equipment and operating facilities
- Permit accurate forecasting of labor and material needs
- Permit immediate recognition of labor shortages and excesses
- Enable management to level out peak workloads
- Provide factual data required for evaluation of performance and corrective action as needed
- Provide close and constant liaison between operations and maintenance through the maintenance scheduler
- Provide a full day of productive work for each tradesperson and thus increase productivity through the elimination of delays
- Permit more accurate collection and analysis of cost and assure an economic level of maintenance with less interruption of production
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL) Planner and Scheduler job placement must hold an upper second Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, production engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar. Post graduate diplomas and certificates in other fields of engineering such as mechatronics, automation etc. is an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant experience of working in a similar position.
- Related industrial/pupil engineering training in hydropower plants or related industry.
- At least three years of working at a power plant, heavy manufacturing Industry, processing plant, a major repair workshop or similar work places are needed for this position.
- Knowledge and experience in CMMS
- Knowledge in planning and scheduling
- Age: Below 35 years
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of their academic documents and detailed CVs indicating two referees and their full addresses physically to:
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL),
Block C, Plot 6-9 Victoria Office park, Okot Close, Bukoto,
P.O. Box 75831, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Attach all documents as one pdf and please indicate the position title as subject of the Email)
Deadline: 29th October 2018