- Company: Global Health Uganda (GHU)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions. GHU invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions for the COAST (Children’s Oxygen Administration Strategies Trial) which will be based at Nalufenya children’s hospital in Jinja.
Medical Officer (2 positions)
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will be responsible for the day to day clinical aspects of the study.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and Screening of patients for possible enrolment into the study according to the protocol.
- Recruitment and enrollment of eligible patients into the study.
- Providing emergency and continuous medical care to children taking part in the study for the duration of the study.
Skills and Person specifications:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree M.B.Ch.B. Completion of Internship and registered with the Medical Council.
- Demonstrated research experience in pediatrics is an added advantage.
- Excellent organization and planning skills with ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic about research.
- Should have completed some form of human participants training in research and /or Good clinical practice.
- Must speak Lusoga.
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of two work related referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Global Health Uganda, Plot 667 Mawanda Road, first turn on the right after the Mawanda Road Police Station not later than Wednesday 24th October 2018 at 12:00pm. We appreciate your application however, only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.