- Company: Global Health Uganda (GHU)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions. GHU invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions for the COAST (Children’s Oxygen Administration Strategies Trial) which will be based at Nalufenya children’s hospital in Jinja.
Study coordinator (1 position)
Job Summary: The Study coordinator will be responsible for the day to day running of the study.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the recruitment, treatment and follow up of study participants.
- May participate in actual treatment of study participants.
- Ensure study is conducted according to approved protocol.
- Ensure appropriate dosing, dispensing, compliance and documentation of study medication.
- Prepare, review and submit adverse and serious adverse event reports to the necessary regulatory bodies.
- Assess and ensure participant safety throughout the study.
- Supervise and ensure that research assistants are performing their respective roles.
- Oversee and Manage onsite administrative and logistical issues pertaining to the study.
Skills and Person specifications:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or MBChB or Bachelor’s degree in any related fields.
- Should have a valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Human Participants Research Training.
- Experience in clinical research is an added advantage.
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of two work related referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Global Health Uganda, Plot 667 Mawanda Road, first turn on the right after the Mawanda Road Police Station not later than Wednesday 24th October 2018 at 12:00pm. We appreciate your application however, only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.