- Company: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
AIDS HealthCare Foundation ( AHF ) is an international not for profit NGO, with Headquarters in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares (AHF-UC) which is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foun ation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS service including anti retroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in 22 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Hoima, Nakasongora, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Busia and supports 54 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to a hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced person to fill the position below falling vacant July 2018.
Post: Regional Pharmacist- Masaka
This position is based at Masaka Hospital and reports to the Regional Medical Director. The Regional Pharmacist shall provide technical assistance to the Regional Medical Director and support capacity building in all aspects ofART commodity supply chain management in the region.Theincumbentwil supportthe clinicalteam and oversee all the pharmaceutical operations in the ART clinic. She/he will work closely with the hospital Pharmacist to;
- Review prescriptions to ensure safety, efficacy and suitability of prescribed dosage regimens. – – Provide appropriate and re iable information on dosing, a verse drug reactions, drug interactions and side effects to both patients and prescribers.
- Ensure appropriate handling, storage and timely dispensingof all medicines in the AR clinic.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory records in the store alnd all designated dispensing points in the ART clinic
- Prepare accurate and timely ART commodity reports and orders as per the ordering and reporting schedules.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of current treatment regimens and advise the clinical team on the selection of more a propriate regimens.
- Identify training needs and provide appropriate support in form of practicum, mentorship and coaching.
- Publish relevant educational information for pharmacy interns, students and other cadres sewing as support staff in the pharmacy.
- Monitor, document and immediately report susrpected adverse drug reactions.
- Peform any otherduties thatmay be assigned from timeto time.
Bachelor of Pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Registered pharmacist with at least two (2) years of recent experience in HlV/AlDS commodity supply chain management.
- In-depth knowledge of antiretrovirai pharmacotherapy as well as the current HlV/AlDS prevention, care and treatment guidelines.
- Practical experience in large scale quantification of ART commodities
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft excel excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
- Quality assurance and continuous quality improvement.
To be considered for this recruitment, please; Address your email application(Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: globa email@example.com
Mentioning position in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB – any larger email will not be considered. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer