- Company: Hardware World Limited
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Hardware World Limited is a leading distributor cf construction materials in Uganda. We have diversiﬁed cur business porltclio to include quarry business of processing and selling of machine crashed aggregates, precast concrete products like concrete blocks, pavers. culverts, etc. To meet the unique demands of our customers, we are now introducing a new line of business, Ready Mix concrete and as such we are looking tor experienced individuals to run the concrete batching plant.
Ready-Mix Concrete Batch Plant Manager
The ideal candidate will be responsible for directing operations of a concrete batch plant to produce quality concrete as per customer speciﬁcations.
The duties include:
- Mixing ingredients in the right ratios to produce concrete grades as per customer speciﬁcations.
- Manage inventory of batching materials needed in daily production of ready mix concrete.
- Keep the batch planland mixertrucks well maintained, clean and operational at all times.
- Maintain records ot Batch Tickets and Mix design Sheets.
- Misti-vitzh technical pre and after sales support to the customers.
- Provide a leadership role to the team working at the batching plant. l.e. quality controller, operators, drivers, etc. T. Liaising with commercial department to manage sales and dispatch.
- Periodic performance reporting.
- Operation of the Company’s computerized concrete dispatch systems.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and champion the Health & Safety agenda.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, civil engineering, or equivalent professional certiﬁcations.
- Technical training and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in concrete batching plantoperations
- Advanced understanding of concrete production methods, equipment & tools, work processes and procedures.
- Flexibility and ability to multi task
- Concrete commercial acumen is an added advantage.
- Good communication, interpersonal and supenrisory skills required
Applications, including your cover letter, CV and academic documents should be addressed and delivered to The Human Resources Manager, Hardware World Limited, P.0.Box 3074, Kampala Not laterthan 31st October 2018.