- Company: Good Neighbors International
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization committed to child education, community development, and emergency relief projects in 30 countries around the world. We have fundraising offices in the USA, Korea, and Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva. Good Neighbors USA opened its Los Angeles office in 2007, which currently handles fundraising, donor management, volunteer programs, and marketing campaigns for all major projects. In December 2010, a Washington D.C. office was established to network and partner with other organizations, as well as obtain grants from U.S. government agencies and foundations.
Job Summary: The Administration Assistant will provide administrative support at the Head Office for smooth running of the office. The Administration assistant will be building strong relationships with INGO / UN agencies, other Local Organizations, Government Agencies for resources providing and sharing. Handling all the necessary preparation and arrangement for, human resource related activities, logistical activities and all other necessary administrative processes and activities together with the administration manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare letters to Government, INGO, LNGO and Local Partner for Administration and Logistics Concern.
- Arrange for reservation and booking for accommodation if needed, as directly by the Country Director.
- Arranging and typing, printing, copying and filing the necessary administrative documents and other documents from government, and other Offices.
- Managing and handling all the meeting both in and outside the Head Office. (Appointment, venue, food and refreshment etc
- Manage all rental payment and arrange payments for bills (electricity, water, phone and service) for the Head Office.
- Responsible for systematic maintenance of office files, computers and filing.
- Participate in generating necessary new logbooks for several particular activities, makes sure they are well written and generates a report for the country Director’s assessment.
- Collects all necessary quotations for items intended to be purchased with the Supervision of the Administration Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a university degree or its equivalent and at least two years of experience in similar position.
- Proven ability to understand and use basic accounting systems such as QuickBooks, SPSS and other data analysis software, and relevant experience in logistics and procurement, among others are highly preferable.
- Have a strong aspiration and interest in humanitarian and community development works
- Skilled in administration
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs with working email addresses to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Good Neighbors International Head Office, Plot 1728, White House CI, Muyenga, Block 244.
Deadline: 26th October 2018 by 5:oo pm