- Company: National Drug Authority (NDA)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda – Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer will mainly plan and manage the finance and administration functions at the Regional offices
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly prepare revenue and expenditure reports for regional offices.
- Ensure regional offices comply with applicable finance management requirements/ controls and provide regular reports to the Head of Finance.
- To co-ordinate with the Manager Administration to ensure all assets at regional offices are properly kept and report obsolete ones that may require disposal.
- To develop annual plans of equipping the regional office with required facilities, logistics and equipment.
- To coordinate the allocation and utilization of office space and the distribution of other resources in regional offices.
- To ensure that there is a schedule of and maintenance or servicing and/or repairs of the premises, furniture, facilities, equipment and vehicles, as may be appropriate, in accordance with NDA’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure proper management of NDA’s properties, machinery and equipment, vehicles, and other facilities at the Region.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Drug Authority (NDA) Finance and Administration Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- At least three (3) years working experience in a related job in a reputable organization.
- High sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
All candidates should send a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees of whom one (1) should be your current or most recent employer. Please deliver your application pack in hard copy to National Drug Authority Office, First Floor, Rumee, Plot 19 Lumumba Avenue Opposite TWED Plaza, or through post office P.O. BOX 23096, Kampala Uganda.
Deadline: 1st November 2018