- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Officer 1 – Education Gweri Area Programme will actively contribute to achieving equitable access and quality education planning, implementing, and monitoring the Education Quality Improvement Program (EQUIP) activities through approaches that improve enrolment, retention, completion, literacy, numeracy and life skills. The position will also support the roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes ownership and sustainability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Planning and Implementation:
- Plan and coordinate all sub county and district based project activities in consultation with the TPO, the CCT and the DEO
- Plan and implement school based project activities.
- Develop activity concepts in line with the detailed annual operation plan, the budget and TP log frame
- Organize meetings and workshops for teachers and field facilitators to implement education project activities and models
- Track and manage activity budgets and ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
- Participant in project management meetings and reflection forums
- Support and participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
- Conduct and facilitate community awareness raising and community mobilization
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project
Technical support and training
- Work in close liaison with the CCT and the DEO, conduct a capacity needs assessment for teachers and literacy volunteer
- Formulate a capacity building plan for teachers and volunteers
- Mobilization of and conducting trainings to build capacities on supporting enrolment, retention and completion
- Provide mentoring and coaching to teachers through support supervision visits
- Build Local level Peer mentoring mechanism for teachers, School management committees and literacy volunteers
- Identify technical experts to train district and community groups
- Liaise with the TPO for technical support on capacity building
Partnership and Networking:
- Identify and build linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the Sub County and District level
- Support development of school improvement plans and monitor their implementation
- Participation in sub county coordination meetings to influence decisions on education
- Organize periodic partner and stakeholder monitoring visits
- Organize teachers and literacy volunteers fora to promote learning
- Participate and represent WVU in key technical working forums at the sub county and the district
- Conduct advocacy campaigns for education in general and girl child education in particular
Documentation and Reporting
- Maintain a data bank for schools in the APs, head teachers, enrolment, drop out, teachers, teachers trained in different models
- Conduct school mapping and peer group mapping and document for project activities
- Effectively document all information related to girl child enrolment trends in targeted school
- Responsible for capturing individual children attendance, performance and behavior indicators related to drop out of children
- Document good practices and project success stories and share them
Support Supervision and Mentoring
- Conduct support supervision and mentoring sessions for teachers
- Facilitate formation of children network/peer networks at school and sub county level
- Support schools to have classroom print rich materials,
- Maintain a record of RCs in Schools and monitor their attendance and performance during school visits
- Hold reflection meetings on key education program activities and indicators
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Uganda Project Officer 1 – Education job opportunity must hold a degree in education or any other degree but with a diploma in education.
- At least two years’ experience in education and or community work.
- Experience in the education sector programming in a reputable organization is an added advantage
- Computer literacy skills
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
- Passion for children.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30th October 2018