- Company: Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative Programme (NURI)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda – Banking Jobs in Uganda
Danida is funding NURI (Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative) programme, which will be implemented from 2019 to 2022. In Arua district, the intervention for Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) will be implemented by Arua District Farmers’ Association (ARUDIFA). The main target for the strategic agricultural intervention is to make farming communities more resilient to climate change and to increase the average value of agricultural production for participating farmers. NURI in Arua district will support 890 farmer groups or app. 26,700 farmers inclusive of the refugees. NURI will build on the experiences from DAR but with a stronger focus on climate smart agriculture and support to refugee cause. NURI will be implemented in close cooperation with the District Local Government as well as UNHCR and OPM where refugees apply.
Job Summary: The VSLA Supervisor is responsible for supervising VSLA training to NURI farmer groups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation of VSLA training to farmer groups
- Sensitize agricultural extension staff about VSLA
- Select farmer groups for VSLA training with support of the agricultural extension staff
- Recruit community based VSLA trainers, (CBTs)
- Organize and facilitate training of the CBTs on VSLA guidelines and methods
- Plan with CBTs the training of farmer groups
- Ensure that VSLA kits are distributed
- Supervise the training done by the CBTs and approve their reports
- Hold quarterly review meetings with CBTs
- Prepare monthly progress reports on VSLA trainings and progress in savings and loans
- Collect VSLA data for monitoring purpose
- Carry out data entry into MIS – SAVIX
- Participate in radio talk shows
- Establish linkages to financial institutions where relevant
- Perform any other duty assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a relevant diploma or degree in Microfinance, Business Administration, Development studies from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of two years working experience in VSLA training preferably in NGO setting
- Experience in supervising community trainers considered an advantage
- Skills in program planning and reporting
- Fluency in English and the local language are a must
- Computer skills i.e. MS Office
- A valid motorcycle riding permit
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter (1 page), CV (max 4 pages) clearly indicating work experience and 3 work related referees and photocopies of relevant academic documents / employment letters to the Coordinator Arua District Farmers’ Association PLOT 15 OKUTI LANE, ARUA MUNICIPALITY or you can send by email to email@example.com. The application should be stapled as single unit and applicant must register at the reception desk when submitting hard copies.
Deadline: Monday 29th October 2018 at 5.00 pm