- Company: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
- Location: Entebbe, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Entebbe, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
The Regional Service Centre, as approved by the Member States, is owned, managed and staffed by the regional missions it serves. This framework reinforces the existing missions’ chain of command structures and lines of authority in a manner that does not create an additional layer between Headquarters and the regional missions. It also ensures that staffing for RSC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Property Management Assistant will carry out the following duties:
- Assists in receiving all deliveries of mission supplies
- Assists in conducting physical in conducting physical inspection and quality control of mission UNITED NATIONS property to ensure that all items are accounted for and in serviceable conditions.
- Assist in identifying anomalies and/ or discrepancies and the details thereof or any other reasons for rejection and record in damage discrepancy reports posted on the Damage Discrepancy Reports posted on the system and presented to the Receiving &Inspection (R&I) supervisor and Procurement for immediate action.
- Performs data entry of the Goods Receipt Reports in Umoja and R&I reports in Galileo inventory management system.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and auditable property records in electronic inventory management systems for property control and accountability in line with the administrative instructions guidelines manuals and SOPs.
- Updates all physical verification records and data entry in Galileo system.
- Assists in the execution of contracts for the disposal of property and supplies including all types of waste material.
- Assists the supervisor in dealing with the Self Accounting Units (SAUs) for preparation of equipment write offs and processing of write off cases through relevant property survey boards.
- Assists in the preparation of statistical analysis and trend analysis on United Nations property.
- Assists the supervisor in efficient management accountability of property control in accordance with the UN regulations and rules manuals and relevant guidance. Effective tracking monitoring and reporting of all inventory transactions and property management related activities.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE Property Management Assistant job placement should hold a High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the field of property management, inventory control, logistics, procurement or other related fields is required.
- Working experience in a multicultural and/or international work environment is desirable.
- Possess a clean and valid national driving license is desirable
- Inventory management system knowledge is an advantage
- Experience in weight and balance calculations, preparation and handling of cargo pallets for air and ground transportation is an advantage
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets is an advantage
- Operator licenses for forklift and/ or other Material Handling Equipment (MHE) are an advantage.
- Languages: fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (Application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications with the following documents:
The United Nations Personal History form (P-11), Download Here; This should be signed
Proof of required academic certificates i.e. Academic Certificate(s) and/or High School/Secondary Diplomas
Latest performance evaluation reports / appraisals
The applicants with the completed documents are strongly encouraged to apply via e-mail and must include the Vacancy Announcement Number (check beginning of this advert) and Job Title to: email@example.com
Deadline: 3rd November 2018