- Company: Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Uganda
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD) in partnership with United Nations Development Program (UNDP) is implementing a Global Environment Facility (GEF) supported a full- size project titled: “Integrated Waste Management and Biogas NAMA in Uganda”. The project aims at production of biogas for electricity generation, provide environmental benefits and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from improper and inadequate management and treatment of wastewater and organic waste in towns, municipalities and agro-processing industry in Uganda. The project combines demonstration and investment in integrated waste treatment and biogas plants in agro-processing industry and selected municipalities. Institutional strengthening, capacity building, and an improved regulatory framework for improved waste management are key deliverables of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving project vehicles as guided by Government Standing orders
- Drive officers on official duty
- Maintenance / repair of vehicles
- Ensure that vehicles are under good working condition;
- Perform any other duties assigned by superior(s).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an Ordinary level Certificate with at least a pass in English
- Possess a clean and valid driving permit
- Must have passed Ministry of Works and Transport competence driving test.
- At least five year of experience as a driver in a busy organization.
- Knowledge in mechanics is an added advantage.
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with the detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of the documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, Attn: Assistant Commissioner/Human Resource Management. Amber House, Second Floor Room, A 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House
Deadline: 7th December, 2018 by 5:00pm.