- Company: BRAC Uganda Finance
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Job Summary: The Head of Operations – Research & Evaluation Unit will plan, implement, and report research projects in coordination with project managers, principal investigators, donors, and accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain workflow of research projects and coordinate with respective research teams on updating of task completion and deliveries.
- Contribute in project development and grant writing.
- Develop/update research implementation protocols and oversee adherence to the protocol.
- Make monitoring framework for interventions and their results and coordinate with project managers and others for donor reporting (description and budget).
- Synchronize data quality and data management protocols as well as oversee procurement of all types of assets and technologies.
- Assess staff capacity and initiate staff development initiatives as well as coordinate visitors, interns, and international travels.
- Prepare research summaries and periodic update and also coordinate and contribute project proposal writing and publications.
- Coordinate budget plan, expenditure rates, and reporting by accounts department and also supervise proper stock management of equipment and assets of research teams.
- Communicate and represent BRAC research at internal and external stakeholders and also Promote compliance of BRAC values and administrative disciplines (policies)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or any other related subject.
- At least five years of relevant experience in research and evaluation, project management, research communication, developing and implementation of research protocol, or research capacity on related issues.
- Good knowledge/skill in mix methods of research implementation – quantitative, RCT and qualitative.
- Strong management experience and ability of establishing institutional systems
- Demonstrated experience of managing human and financial resources for delivering research projects
- Experienced and skilled in data analysis and interpretation of data.
- Knowledge of digital data management like ODK/Survey CTO.
- Staff management, multiple grant management, and strategic planning.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain assistance and cooperation of others in a team.
- Experience in managing relationships with external partners, both from donor and academic communities
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs (in one Word document) via email to: email@example.com. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly. NB. Only Soft Copy Applications will be considered and all applications should be addressed to:
The Manager, HR & Training,
P.O. BOX 31817, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 9th December 2018