- Company: Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings) was established by Makerere University Council to manage commercial assets and interests of the University. In line with the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Board of Directors invites applications from qualified persons to fill the following position.
Administrative Assistant (1)
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will report to the CEO and support the management of Company operations; including coordinating work fl ows, work schedules, diary and information management as well as tracking progress on key corporate initiatives. The Administrative Assistant will have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar offi ce environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the CEO, the AA will perform the following:
- Work flow management by coordinating offi ce activities and operations to secure
effi ciency and compliance to company policies.
- Operations and programme management: Support company initiatives, projects and
processes and the CEO’s offi ce including procurement, fi nance related administrative
tasks, providing logistical support for special events as well as creating a strong fi ling
system for prompt retrieval of documents
- Communication and information management: Handle external or internal communication including managing phone calls and correspondences; creating and updating records and databases with personnel, fi nancial and other sensitive data; preparing reports, talking points, briefi ng documents, presentations/proposals as assigned, including taking minutes and providing status on agreed points.
- Excellent relationship management skills necessary for interaction with stakeholders at country, regional and multi-lateral level;
- Highly organised with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrable ability to handle confi dential information appropriately.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Secretarial studies, Administration
- Post graduate qualifi cations will be an added advantage
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, good judgement and attention to detail.
- Must be profi cient in MS Offi ce applications, including Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
A competitive remuneration package is attached to the positions for an initial fi ve (5) year
contractual period renewable upon satisfactory performance.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: MONDAY, 10th December, 2018 Qualified and interested applicants should deliver 5 copies of their applications to: Makerere University Holdings C/o Director Planning and Development Department Makerere University, Lincoln Flat C1 P.O. Box 7062, Kampala Makerere University firstname.lastname@example.org