- Company: MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
Established in 1988, the MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit is an internationally recognized Center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the evolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. The Unit’s head offices are located at the Uganda Virus Research Institute- Entebbe Campus, and the main research activities in Masaka, Kalungu, Kampala and Wakiso districts, including the peri-urban areas of Entebbe. The Unit is now seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to fill the following position:
Role Position: Scientist A (01 position)
Reporting to: Head of Program — NCD
The position holder will be responsible for implementation of a multi-center, randomized, controlled trial of Kangaroo Mother Care in Uganda.
- Some Key Responsibilities:
Leading the implementation of the research study (four-center, randomized, controlled trial comparing Kangaroo Mother Care and conventional incubator care).
- Participating in design of data collection, data quality monitoring, data analysis and project evaluation; feeding lessons learned back into the design of new projects. 3. Participating in the roll-out of the Communication Strategy (particularly by publishing papers, presenting at meetings and conferences, and carrying out community education and engagement activities). 4. Managing study resources (including HR, equipment & facilities), ensuring efficient and ethical usage and complying with all research sponsor accountability requirements. Visit the website for details.
For a detailed job description and procedure for application, please visit www.mrcuganda.org/jobs Fill an online form whose details are on the website and there after submit your application documents to email@example.com Applications should include academic documents, a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact and three traceable professional references. Combine all application documentation into one MS Word Document and then convert it to PDF. Deadline is 4th January 2019, 5:00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Note that academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institutions. Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource and Administration Manager MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit P.0. Box, 49, Entebbe, Uganda