- Company: Social & Scientific Systems (SSS)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government, nonprofit, and commercial clients. The SSS team offers a synergy of expertise in clinical research services, epidemiology and public health studies, health data management and analysis, and program evaluation and policy analysis.
Job Summary: The Service Desk Technician addresses basic needs of the user community with respect to hardware/software installation and setup, telecommunications use, and repair or upgrading of hardware and software resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides phone and in-person IT assistance to the end user community.
- Performs first tier support and triages or escalates tickets accordingly, using ITS/Service Desk ticketing system.
- Provides hardware and software setup and installation services to end user community. Installs operating systems, applications software, security patches, and basic hardware components.
- Uses enterprise imaging and software deployment software to image workstations and push software installations and upgrades to workstations.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues with a variety of technologies including workstations and laptops (Windows and Mac operating systems), network connectivity, remote access, smartphones and tablets, videoconferencing equipment, peripherals (e.g. printers, scanners, etc.), commercial software (e.g. Microsoft Office, SAS, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.).
- Documents support requests and updates service requests as directed.
- Works collaboratively with ITS systems administrators to resolve service requests, bridging communications between the end users and ITS systems administrators.
- Provides one-on-one training and assistance as needed.
- Configures audio-visual equipment for use at meetings and conferences, including videoconferencing equipment.
- Follows guidelines and documentation for processes such as securely destroying sensitive data.
- Assists with larger scaled projects as needed by supervisor, ITS engineers and management.
- Stays current on cyber security trends and threats and helps educate colleagues
- Works with headquarters to prevent and handle security incidents and threats
- Monitors and enforces cyber security compliance across the office and all staff
- Generates cyber security compliance reports for the use of management, client, andheadquarter
- Performs additional duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent
- At least one year of experience in a computer support-related position
- Strong emphasis on customer service and communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Office software. A+, MTA, or MCSA: Windows 7 or Windows 10 certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Cyber Security.
- Must be capable of lifting items (boxes, computer equipment, etc.) weighing up to 20 Kilograms.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.