- Company: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Communication Jobs in Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI), one of the leading financial institutions, is looking for a mature experienced individual to fill the position below. This is a dream career opportunity for a highly dynamic, creative and innovative individual with financial sector experience.
Communications & Marketing Officer
The role holder will report to the Head of Business Growth & Development and will be in charge of developing and implementing plans to engage target audiences (internal and external) to promote product awareness.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assist in sponsoring c0mpany’s goals through participating in the overall development and execution of communication tactics.
- Evolve successful goal oriented communication plans with creative departments
- Undertake drafting and development of all content for internal and external communication.
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences that will help advance our work ~ Identify target audience and create strategies on how effectively to engage them
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our t1rand’s identity and message and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
- Work closely with Heads of Departments, unit managers and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities
Qualifications: Education/ knowledge/Technical
skills and experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations
- Experience and skills in digital marketing will be added advantage.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Communications Strategy Development
- Proven track record of success in Communications sector and related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics such as SEO and Email Marketing
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly, effectively and efficiently
- Experience working in customer relations
- Ability to work within a rapidly moving and changing work environment
- Only persons with High level of integrity are advised to apply.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit only two documents, a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position one is applying for in the email subject line. Your application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource by close of business 14th December 2018.
Our website: www.ugafode.co.ug/