- Company: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
UGAFODE Miorofinanoe Limited (MDI), one of the leading financial institutions, seeks to hire a tech savw and innovative business minded individual, who will be responsible for effective digitalization of its processes.
Reporting to the CEO, the Digital Strategist will contribute to the development of the business’s digital strategy and the delivery of multiple technology solutions across all departments within the business, by ensuring consistency in delivery approach. The role will work closely with the Head of ICT to overhaul the business’s digital services and channels while growing a team and meeting the company’s objectives through digital transtormation, improved digital customer experience and a more effective digital product range.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assessing internal services suitability for digital transformation and rigorously prioritizing involvement by customer or cost saving benefit.
- Ensure best practices and processes across the digital team for the consistent delivery of digital projects
- Oversee pre-implementation plans, which include development of business requirements, detailed functional requirements, review of change management business impact, human resources and risks.
- Ensure all digitalization projects are effectively managed, and that adequate repoiting and oversight controls are in place.
- Promote partnerships that further digital agenda
- Providing advice to management on innovations that could best support customer needs.
- Maintain full awareness of the performance of individual processes, including the identification and resolution ot risks, critical issues, and opportunities through digitalization.
- Driving cultural change and helping build digital capability and technical knowledge within the business: advocating user tocused design and agile project methodologies
- Helping put in place new guidance and training for service owners and project managers; advising on the structures needed tor future digital transform
- Be a thought leader on new digital trends and opportunities that the business can incorporate into its digital strategy to drive strategic growth ambitions
- Strong experience managing transtormation projects from start to finish, gathering user requirements through prototypes to actual delivery and iteration. Valuable experience will include project managing a ﬁnancial services product launch from inception and product design to pilot and commercial launch, working across multiple teams in the business to deliver project KPls
- Experience delivering change activities and working effectively with senior management. Key Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with 2 years in a leading technology organization in financial services (BDU regulated}
- Recognized professional certifications in IT
- Experience in developing products, product positioning, launching new products and developing and executing go — to — market strategies
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of Banks operations and compliance risk framework
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally
- Comfortable advocating and advancing an agenda, including with high level counterparts and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities, and resolve problems;
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit only two documents, a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position one is applying for in the email subject line. Your application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource by close of business 14th December 2018.
Our website: www.ugafode.co.ug/