- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The NFI Distribution Assistant will assist in the implementation of the various operations of the Response which include distribution of none food items in line with World Vision Uganda’s and the Partner’s mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in sensitization, verification exercise of beneficiaries at the registry point during NFI distribution.
- Participate in enforcing crowd control mechanisms that will ensure an orderly and successful distribution. This includes fencing off the stacking area of the distribution site as agreed with the field monitor, arranging beneficiaries in line.
- Conduct community mobilization whenever assigned.
- Supervise offloading, random weighing and stacking of NFI’s at the distribution sites.
- Ensure that distribution materials are in good shape and loaded into the vehicle at the time of departure to the field and return from the distribution point.
- Participate in distribution of NFI’s as assigned
- Report, immediately, any incidences of fraud witnessed to the field monitor or any person for immediate action to be taken.
- Take part in data entry.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision NFI Distribution Assistant job placement should preferably hold a Diploma in Development Studies/Social Sciences discipline or any other related field.
- Ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel and Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language like Arabic, Kakwa will be an added advantage
- Natives are highly encouraged to apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7th December 2018