- Company: 40 Days Over 40 Smiles Foundation (40-40)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
40 Days Over 40 Smiles Foundation (40-40) is a Kampala based independent, youth-led, charity organisation. We are committed to helping vulnerable children and communities to access quality, all-round education support and entrepreneurial training aimed at self-sustainability.
4040 Internship Program:
The 4040 Internship Program is a one year volunteer program. Interns will primarily be involved in the Angaza School Program (facilitating learning sessions with the children); Community Angaza (Implement community education programs for out of school children); setting up children’s Learning Centres; and managing fundraising events. Additionally, to enable personal and professional development, interns will work in different departments of the organisation.
Job Summary: The Interns will receive training in areas of education, community service, leadership and fundraising. 4040 will organise master classes and hangouts for interns to support personal and career development. Interns will also be assigned mentors on merit. Interns will enjoy the wide network of 4040, both during and after the internship.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should possess keen interest in volunteerism, education, community service and leadership
- Third Year University students are especially encouraged to apply
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with volunteer experience
- Must be committed to the program for a year (Please note that although the program runs for a year, it doesn’t require day to day work for the whole duration. Interns will be expected to continue with their other personal and professional commitments)
- Must be available on Fridays and Saturdays – as committed to
- Should be open to working in the field/out of office
- Should be living in or around Kampala
- Should be available for the internship training slated for January 2019
Deadline: 7th December, 2018