- Company: Training Health Researchers Into Vocational Excellence In East Africa (Thrive)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Uganda
Training Health Researchers into Vocational Excellence (THRiVE) was established in 2009 as a regional network of research excellence, including some of the best universities and research institutes in East Africa with support from two leading UK universities. We have built a robust network that has led to strong and productive collaborations in research, training and supervision, with more than 300 joint publications between THRiVE partners since 2010. Our network has also made concerted efforts to improve institutional capacity in research administration and management.
The THRiVE-2-RECPE for Impact project is a two-and-half year collaborative research project that supports PhD and Post-doctoral fellows to enrich their research by engaging with communities including secondary school children. The project invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the positions below:
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will work closely with THRiVE Secretariat and will be responsible for the following;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of PhD/Post-doc public engagement activities that involve school children and research communities.
- Tracking project progress
- Ensuring the proper and timely documentation of project activities
- Coordinating project evaluations
- Preparing and submitting project reports to the THRiVE Director
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: health, education, social sciences, liberal arts, sociology, psychology.
- A master’s degree or Ph.D. in any of the above fields will be of added advantage.
- Previous experience in implementing Community and Public Engagement projects and or creative/critical thinking projects in schools is highly desirable
All candidates should send one pdf file containing your cover letter, detailed CV (with names of three professional referees and their email and phone contacts) and copies of academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 10th December 2018
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.