- Company: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Job Summary: The Interns will be provided with clearly defined roles and scopes of work and will be supervised by a URC staff member or, in the case of external placements, a suitable member of the staff within the organization in which the intern is assigned. Supervisors of interns will be responsible for monitoring the progress of their assigned intern(s) to ensure effective learning and a positive experience for internship participants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: During the course of the placement, the intern will work with their mentor/supervisor and other members of the organization to gain experience and knowledge in the following professional roles and responsibilities:
- Using QuickBooks for disbursement vouchers and journals
- Reviewing processes for paying per diems and other travel advances for Activity related work.
- Understand how to prepare monthly payment vouchers and accountability journals as per URC policies
- Organizing and tracking of all documents to and from the finance department.
- Understanding and managing the maintenance of the electronic and manual filing systems for all financial reports and all financial documents for the Activity
- Reviewing and understanding the process for preparing and submitting the monthly field reports.
- Provide support in the documentation and gathering the information necessary to prepare a VAT report.
- Tasked with reviewing and processing invoices and their timely reconciliation.
- Other areas of development as may be prescribed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Project Finance Intern job must hold a Degree in accounting or comparable certifications/qualifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have graduated within the previous 24 months. No candidates over 24 months post-graduation are eligible for the internship program.
- Ability to work independently and display initiative
- Attention to details, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the URC should upload their updated CVs / résumés and cover letters at the link below. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well, download it here.